Greater Syracuse Economic Growth Council
The Greater Syracuse Economic Growth Council is a collaborative effort of the communitys economic development organizations. With the guidance of Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce President David Cordeau, the Council was formed in June 1996 to bring together over 20 organizations directly or indirectly involved in economic development to address job retention and creation.
Mission: To enhance community prosperity and opportunity through economic growth.
Goal: To develop and promote the attributes of Onondaga County and its communities to the global marketplace as a logical location from which to operate a business thereby producing additional employment, population, income and growth
- Personal contact with consultants, executives, and government officials internationally.
- Provide real time information to clients with the development of an Internet presence.
- Produce high quality collateral material to supplement our ongoing attraction programs.
- Publish a semi-annual newsletter to articulate the positive events in the community.
- Professionally respond to client inquiries concerning the community attributes.
- Provide the means for local companies to companies to succeed and to enter the global marketplace.
Since its inception, the Economic Growth Council has worked diligently to assist numerous companies with their plans to locate or expand in the Syracuse area. These include Spectrum MedSystems, The New England, The Sutherland Group, Ltd., Sprint Relay, US Airways, Nextel, Deluxe Customer Center, MetraComp, Corporate Express, and New York State Teamsters Benefit Funds.
For more information, visit the Economic Growth Council web site at www.syracusecentral.com . Or contact Constance Maute&Acute; at cmaute@SyracuseChamber.com.