Linked by this commitment, communities in Cayuga, Cortland, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga and Oswego Counties are working collaboratively on issues of mutual benefit and concern. The Compact has established a regional forum for Central New York issues, bringing together business, governmental and educational leadership. The purpose of the Compact is to promote economic prosperity, to maintain a high quality of life, and to create a proud home for ourselves and future generations.
- Digital Towpath: Empowering E-Commerce along the Erie Canal
- New Regional Image and National Branding
- Community Telecommunications Plan
- ID and Develop new Business Leaders and Workforce Skills
- High Tech Infrastructure to grow and attract business and industry
- New Marketing Tools for tourism, business growth and attraction
- Regional HUD Infrastructure Fund
- Proposed $160 million Regional Loan Fund to jump start the economic resurgence of Central New York and provide venture capital fund
CNY Regional Marketing Campaign
Erie Canal National - Heritage Corridor Designation. Federal legislation to designate the Erie Canalway as a National Heritage Corridor
- 5 county plan - $500,000
- CNY website and collateral materials
- Significant presence at trade shows
- "Shoe Leather"
- Host site selection consultants
- Image campaign - good press and local pride
- Affiliation and marketing with the National Park Service
- Staffing and interpretative centers
- National and international recognition
- Federal investment in Canal Corridor
- Workforce Investment Collaboration:
Collaboration and cooperation among the Workforce Investment Board staffs and offices in the Region.
Pilot project to assist local businesses with regional recruitment of employees
For more information on the Central New York Regional Compact,
contact Carol Hill at the Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce: (315)470-1848; Chill@SyracuseChamber.com.